.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, United States

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Today I was listening to talk radio on the way into work and the topic was do you believe in Aliens? IE Are we alone in the universe? The majority of callers seem to think we were alone and that they were christians who believed in God. The Host wanted to know what one had to do with the other. The callers responded that God made the Earth and Man in his image and anything else was blasphemy. The Host pointed out that the universe was awfully big to have just us and nothing else. Most of the callers seem to believe we are all there is and not the science of the exploration of the universe or its size. This seems to be a fundamental flaw human thinking. As an ego defense mechanism people are afraid to look up and refuse to or cannot comprehend the size of the known universe. I admit that even though I believe in the vastness of space the reality of its size is probably just too big for any type of true realization or understanding. Once again I cannot follow the illogic of religion. I remain one of the faithless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home